Senior Sales Assistant Builders Merchants
Established for over 20 years our company is a successful independent Builders Merchant, ever growing within its industry.
The opportunity has arisen for a committed, enthusiastic Senior Sales Assistant with proven experience to join and lead our team.
- Serves customers by training staff; leading by example; Maintains a safe, tidy clean & organised environment; purchasing and displaying products.
- Attracts customers by originating display ideas
- Following display suggestions or schedules
- Constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties
- Producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing strict organisation standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Reviewing professional publications
- Establishing personal networks
- Benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
- Participating in professional societies.
Skills & Experience:
- Buildings trade sales and service experience
- Hands-on knowledge of building products and relevant uses and terminology
- Experience of providing excellent face to face customer service
- Hands-on servicing of customers
- Excellent face to face communication skills
- Highly motivated, ability to sell and work to targets
- Proven skills in people management
- Basic numeracy skills
- High integrity and trustworthy individual
- Computer skills
- Transport Experience
You will manage existing staff as well as helping train and develop a team of sales & operational staff, ensuring the highest standard customer service at all times.
- Leading, training and developing your team while troubleshooting any problems that occur,
- You will be closely involved in everything from monitoring performance to coordinating promotional activity,
- Analysing competitor activity and compiling reports for use in operational forecasting.
- That is why you must be commercially minded with a good knowledge of warehouse, logistics, administrative, HR and health & safety procedures.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Must have previous Builders Merchants experience
- Have previous sales experience & possess excellent communication skills...