Mechanical Design Engineer - Entry Level
If you have recently been studying for a formal qualification in Engineering and you are looking for an opportunity in Mechanical Design then perhaps this opportunity maybe of interest to you.
Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a company based in Newport area of South Wales. This client manufacture various highly complex products at the manufacturing site, and now have a demand for a new team member within the design team. This interesting a varied role will offer you the chance to grow and develop you career and experience within this modern manufacturing environment.
Key skills, Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical product design
- Product realisation
- 3D CAD modelling/Solidworks
- 3D Flow and Stress analysis
- 2D Cad
- Understand of CNC and Workshop practices
- BOM and mechanical drawing generation compliant with specification
- Support current engineering projects
- Design FMEA
- Part standardisation
- Support VA/VE activities
- Engineering change control
- Understanding of casting process from initial pattern design through to finishing
- A knowledge of fasteners and their application
- A knowledge of torque, together with its application and measurement
- Ability to confirm parts against drawing by measurement
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Obtain knowledge of engineering materials and their properties
- Implement continuous improvement of methodology
- Resolve technical problems, generate and implement countermeasures
- Develop creative working practices
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- New product introduction
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday - 8.00am - 4.45pm
Friday – 8.00am – 12.00pm
This prestigious business already employs many highly skilled Engineers and is an excellent place to learn new skills from this experienced team. This role would ideally suit a candidate looking to progress within Mechanical Design, but it is important to note that this role is open for all to apply. Only those candidates with suitable qualifications will be considered.
Interested? If the answer is yes, then why not apply today and one of our team will come back to you if you are deemed suitable.
If this post is not suitable for your skills set but you are looking for a similar role why not get in contact and we can discuss other possible opportunities.
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum Required qualifications:
Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call us on (phone number removed) before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency