Care Assistant - Nailsea, Bristol
(Full time shift hours Day OR Night per week + £1.00 per hour enhancement for hours covered over contracted)
If you enjoy helping people and want to make a difference to their lives, this job could be just what you are looking for.
Right now, we are actively hiring for professional and experienced Care Assistant to cover full time day and night shift hours for one of our leading Care Home located in Nailsea, Bristol. The home caters 60 residents and offers Nursing and Residential care.
Applications are also welcomed from those keen to cover part time shift hours per week.
Qualifications and Skills
- NVQ in Health and Social Care
- Satisfactory CRB / DBS checks
- Experience / Qualification in care for relevant client category (Elderly Care)
- Competitive rates of pay (£9.25 hourly)
- +£1.00 per hour Enhanced rate for over Full Time Equivalent hours worked
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and support
- 28 days Holiday Entitlement
- Established, Reputable, Forward Thinking Employer
Responsibilities and Duties of Care Assistant -
- Ensure that the needs of residents are met in a patient and caring manner.
- Help residents who need assistance with dressing, personal hygiene and toileting when required, respecting residents’ rights to exercise choice in all areas of their life.
- Assist residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities to move freely within the Home.
- Contribute to information used in care plans with residents and their families/significant others and implement care as agreed, respecting the resident’s right to exercise choice.
- Provide a high standard of care and service at all times.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity for residents through talking to them, listening to them, escorting on outings, and working with the resident to enable them to pursue hobbies and interests both in and outside the Home.
- Report to the Senior Care Assistant /Manager on duty changes in residents’ condition or any concerns you might have.
- Ensure that all written reports are accurate and legible.
- Take part in staff meetings and training activities as required.
- Answer emergency bells and if necessary call senior member of staff on duty; answer the main door bell and greet visitors with politeness and warmth.
- Understand and put into practice any required health and safety at work initiatives.
- Undertake any additional duties as required at the request of the Senior Care Assistant/ Deputy in charge.
If you are a proactive, professionally presented healthcare professional & want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long term role.
Let us know about your willingness. Send your CV today by clicking on the Apply button below or simply visit Silver Trees Care Home.