As a leader in the Door Entry, Access Control and CCTV industry for over 20 years, NACD believes the best way to retain great people is to train great people!
If you are chosen for our Training Program, you’ll spend time at our Hemel headquarters, doing hands-on exercises in wiring and fault-finding. You’ll also spend time in the field, shadowing a Senior Engineer and learning first hand how to service door entry, access control and CCTV systems. As you learn, your work will include:
* Carrying out preventative maintenance (PM) on door entry, access control & CCTV systems
* Diagnosing and repair or replace faulty or defective parts of equipment
* Maintenance and repair of product software and alteration of system settings
* Submitting reports and inspections via company-provided PDA / tablet
* Regular communication with the clients and office staff
Our goal is to help you get out in the field, in an NACD van, as an NACD Service Engineer.
Our Training Programme is structured to help you build on your existing skills and tailor them to become a highly-regarded industry specialist. We’ll pay a basic salary, provide work clothes and power tools, and everything you need to do a good job. Once you pass probation, you’ll earn a monthly team-based bonus as well.
What does it take to qualify as an NACD Trainee Service Engineer?
We’ll look at any of these:
* Electrical/electronic qualifications –NVQ Level 3, City & Guilds, or equivalent
* Field-based service work in another industry – BT, Sky, Virgin, etc
* Fire and Security system maintenance
* Successfully completed apprenticeship in electrical work
* Military service with electrical or RF training
* Good electrical knowledge and understanding of electrical and/or electronic systems
* You’ll need to live within the Greater London/Home Counties area
* Must hold a full UK driving license and be prepared to drive around the London area
* Must be 21+ to allow you to drive a company vehicle
If you have the desire to train into a highly regarded specialist industry, you’ll want to speak with NACD. You’re used to managing your time effectively, and you’ll find that every day holds different challenges and satisfaction. You’ll be looking for a well-established company with the opportunity to progress, and where your skills and commitment will be respected and rewarded. Send your CV in, and let us know why you have what it takes to join our Training Program.