Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Specifications Technologist to work within a large manufacturing organisation in the Hull area. Our client is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Specifications Technologist to join the busy Technical team at the Preston site.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the efficient and effective running of specification work associated with the Technical department, under the guidance of the Technical Manager.
- Writing specifications for all retail customers ensuring that information provided is up to date.
- Liaison with NPD to ensure all information for retail specification is correct and challenged as required.
- Reviewing retail specifications to ensure they match current artwork and any other changes are captured
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining the internal specification systems to ensure they reflect customer specifications.
- Writing HARA, TSA and greenlight documents for Sainsbury’s
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining the customer QAS systems to ensure they reflect customer specifications.
- Writing and reviewing primal customer (including export) specifications ensuring that they are up to date at all times.
- Liaison with the butchery and trading teams to ensure all information for primal specifications are correct and challenged as required.
- Ensuring all specifications are in place, signed and up-to-date for Asda, Sainsbury’s, Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Booker (master and internal specifications) as well as primal and export specifications.
- Approving retail pack copies prior to artwork stages.
- Reviewing group technical issued approved list to ensure they include all current and upcoming ingredients.
- Reviewing raw material specifications prior to customer launches and ensuring they are signed off by group technical.
- Responding to customer alerts on all retailer systems.
- Reviewing artwork as and when required.
- Completion of customer questionnaires when required.
- Supporting the Technical team with customer visits / site audits.
- Covering for the Technical Administrator and Technical Support Officer (in part) in their absence.
- Undertake such ad hoc duties as maybe required to benefit the business.
Monday to Friday 8:30am- 5:00pm
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.