Band 4 Medical Secretary
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Duration: Expected to be for two months (potentially longer)
Pay: £11.50 Umbrella or £10.00 Paye per hour
- To type patient letters, discharge summaries and general correspondence as dictated by the clinical team to a high degree of speed and accuracy
- To carry out diary management for the named consultant(s)
- To answer all incoming telephone calls and emails from patients, carers and other healthcare professionals in an efficient manner, referring to other departments and agencies as appropriate.
- Ensure all investigation results are readily available to the clinical staff and once signed and acted upon, filed correctly in the medical case notes.
- Support team members to deliver relevant work objectives by offering guidance and advice and assisting with training of new staff as appropriate.
- Audio typing of all correspondence from audiotape or dictation for the Consultants and their teams within set deadlines.
- Responsible for making patients' appointments and arranging admissions to the wards and for informing the patients of arrangements made.
- Responsible for providing a full secretarial service to the Consultant and his/her team.
- To be responsible for managing own workload and assisting other medical secretaries to provide a full secretarial service to other Consultants