We are looking for people with empathy and compassion who want to make a difference! No previous experience is required (as training is provided) just the desire to work in the care industry.
We have vacancies for full and part time care assistants(from 10 hours to full time per week or evenings and weekends).
Ask any St Jude's Care Assistant and they’ll probably say that this is one of the most rewarding experiences they have ever had.
Our domiciliary work is predominately within Weymouth, Portland and Dorchester.
What will be required of you?
- To provide support and encouragement and maximise independence in household tasks and personal care including:
- Domestic chores which could include making and changing beds, general housework eg dusting, polishing and hoovering, shopping, budgeting, preparing and cooking meals, pet care and laundry
- Personal care tasks which could include assistance with personal hygiene, oral care, hair care, continence, washing, dressing
- Safe administration of medication (including creams) in accordance with individual care plans and risk assessments
- Day time occupation, activities and leisure pursuits relating to individual’s choices, preferences and hobbies. This could include shopping and supporting clients to attend appointments where necessary
Why work for St Jude's Care?
- Use of one of our lovely St Jude’s Care pool cars (with fuel provided) for care calls (no travel costs or wear and tear on your own vehicle)
- Competitive pay rates of up to £12 per hour. Average Care Worker pay in excess of £10 per hour. Bank holiday enhancements
- Accrued holiday pay
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Agreed weekly working pattern including weekend on/weekend off arrangement (to provide work/life balance
- Full or part time hours from 10 to 30+ hours per week
- Full ongoing training within a friendly, supportive environment with access to national qualifications including Health and Social Care QCF Level 2 and 3.
- 24/7 support including emergency out of hours
- Rota's organised so travel time is kept to a minimum
St Jude's Care prides itself on providing first class care for every client within their own home. Our clients have a range of needs from mental health, learning disabilities and palliative care through to just wanting companionship. Our aim is to make sure our clients can remain in their own home. With the right care we can help them keep their independence and maintain their dignity.
If you have a valid driving licence and have the passion to deliver high quality care then we would like to hear from you!