Business Analytics Associate- Commercial Banking
Business Analytics Associate - Customer Experience & Sales Development, Commercial Banking
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, , as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Business Analytics Associate - Customer Experience & Sales Development.
In this role, you will:
* Analyse transaction and demographic data to identify potential high risk customers and sales development opportunities to support projects to fulfill Global CMB’s SBO strategy
* Conduct country level portfolio analysis to facilitate strategy formulation in the region
* Support the design and develop automated or semi-automated tools, tracking reports and dashboards to facilitate senior management’s decision-making processes
* Develop Actionable Intelligence to facilitate frontline activities for identifying business opportunities and risk monitoring within first-line-of-defense
* Advocate and promote the use of data analytics to drive fact-based activity and behaviour in CMB
* Engage various stakeholders to understand and collect project requirement, present analysis/ results, make recommendations on strategy formulation and solicit project feedback
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
* Excellent analytical skills with exposure in one or more of the following areas: database marketing, portfolio management, risk analytics, data infrastructure development
* Knowledge of SAS and/or SQL is required. Knowledge of Python and R will be a plus
* Good technical skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge in VBA/ MS Access/ Qlikview or other business intelligence or analytics tools will be advantageous
* Experience in Commercial Banking or other Business-to-Business industries is a plus, or the ability to apply relevant best-practice from other industry sectors
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000C6Y7.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.