Interim group manager - Major projects
Sector: Public sector
Pay: £300 day
Purpose of the job:
To manage the building Control Full Plans Team and also supports the Head of Building Control, as in order to deliver the Building Control Service and achieve the BC Business Plan and corporate objectives. To support the Head of Building Control in delivering a customer focused service and maintaining a major share of the building control market with in the borough.
- To manage the Major Projects Team and ensure the team meet the statutory targets for decisions on full plans applications and also that all works carried out on site comply with the building regulations.
- Ensure the Major Projects Team effectively manages the determination of full plans applications and a decision is made within the statutory period.
- Be a member of the Building Control Senior Management Team and support the Head of Building Control, in delivering an effective Building Control Service and to achieve the BC Business Plan and corporate objectives. Also make a positive contribution to the management and development of the Building Control Service.
- Deputies for the Head of Building Control including representing them on behalf of the Council in building related matters, in both a legislative and professional capacity.
- Ensure that a customer focused service is provided and a high level of satisfaction with the building control service received and that the service fully respond to the needs of all those who use the Building Control service.
- Provide guidance and advice to customers on achieving compliance and ensure a customer focus service is delivered. Monitor the level of customer satisfaction and deal effectively with any complaints.
knowledge, including educational qualifications:
- Corporate membership of, RICS, ABE IStructE, ICE or CIOB;
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- A detailed knowledge of current local authority building control roles and related functions and also building control legislation and the building regulations.
- A knowledge and understanding of the ways in which the Building Control process can contribute to regeneration/economic development objectives in an urban area.
- An understanding of managing diversity and equal opportunities with regard to Building Control.
- Substantial amount of post qualification experience of building control activities particularly in dealing with both full plans and building notices applications...
- Experience of working on major projects covering commercial, residential and educational buildings and successfully working with architects, engineers, developers and contractors on complex building regulation applications.
- Substantial experience of delivering a customer focused service.
- Substantial experience of dealing with dangerous structures, section 20 buildings and section 30 applications.
- Experience of marketing Building Control services.
- Experience of financial management of substantial budgets.
- Evidence of developing and maintaining sound management systems and procedures for Building Control.