Trainee Sales Assistant
Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
Salary: Minimum Wage, Age dependant
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Tippers are the Midlands' leading building merchant`s suppliers. We've been in business as Builders Merchants since 1916 - so we know our business!
This job is being advertised for the position of Trainee Sales Assistant at our Lichfield branch.
Sales Trainee - The Role:
- To ensure that all customers dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner
- To promote, improve and increase profitable Sales for the Company by creating good customer liaisons and communications
- To efficiently serve customers via the trade counter and the sales office
- To assist as required with the merchandising of goods in the self-selection area
- To ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all quotations and the follow through of all enquiries via email, telephone and general correspondence
- To accurately place orders with suppliers ensuring procedures and pricing policies are adhered to
- Proactively identify and contact new and potential customers
- Having an awareness at all times of Company procedures and pricing policies
- Provide an excellent after-sales service to customers including the follow through of complaints and any related issues
- Improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked and generally keep aware of products available in the market place
- Any other duties reasonably associated with this position
Trainee Sales Assistant- The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated, customer service orientated individual to undertake a programme of work based training and study to gain experience in the Builders & Plumbers Merchants Industry.
- Candidates should be educated to GCSE level ideally with Grades A - C
- They should possess customer facing confidence, good communication and IT skills
- They should have an interest in the Building and Plumbing industry and a desire to work within a busy Sales environment.
- A valid driving licence
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.