Support Workers – Croydon
Monday – Sunday
£12.50 per hour
Are you a motivated and committed individual, able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative to a high standard that can make a difference in a child’s life?
Our client is a 14 year old boy who has physical and learning difficulties, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and is fed via gastrostomy. He enjoys hugs and cuddles, music, singing, watching programmes on his IPAD and benefits from different positioning and physiotherapy programmes
You will work with him in the family home providing a high level of care and you should have a flexible and adaptable approach to ensure that he accesses age appropriate activities, encouraging and allowing him choice, whilst having regard to his safety and welfare.
Tasks include supporting the client to access the community and in undertaking a range of activities in the home. You will work with other healthcare professionals with the aim of actively maximising his therapy programme.
You will deliver excellent person centred care and support whilst physically assisting the client to manage all aspects of personal care including dressing in the mornings and getting him ready for bed at night, the care will involve manual handling, feeding and medication administration via gastrostomy.
You will be proactive in keeping detailed written documentation of the clients daily activity and communicating relevant information to family and the staff team.
* Experience of working with individuals who have no verbal communication and are full time wheelchair users.
* Must have experience and a good working knowledge of gastronomy feeding and medication management.
* 1:1 experience of working with a child with a disability would be an advantage, but a commitment to providing high standards of support in a caring and professional manner is essential.
* Have some existing relevant competencies e.g. mobility trained, safe practice within care & clinical skills & observation skills.
* A full driving licence is required.
The following shifts are available on a permanent basis:
Monday – Friday 15:30 – 20:30
Every other Saturday 15:30 – 20:30
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter.
No agencies please