Pay: £20 hour (Umbrella)
Duration: 3 Months
Location: Oxfordshire council
Scope: Inside IR-35
To support the Council in delivering its Commercial Vision by carrying out the efficient and effective procurement of the Council’s £180m p.a. direct spend on non-care related goods and services.
- Producing, where appropriate, category plans that address all aspects of strategic sourcing of non-care related goods and services including identification of savings, supplier leverage and rationalisation.
- Executing the procurement aspects of those plans in a way that supports delivery of the Council’s Commercial Vision and achieves value for money for the Council.
- Undertaking a lead commercial role in the Analyse stage (proposition and options development) and Plan stage (business case development) of the Council’s procurement and commissioning cycle.
- Developing supply market knowledge across the Council’s direct spend categories of non-care related goods and services.
- Producing executive reports for senior managers on the Council’s direct spend on non-care related goods and services and providing strategic advice on achieving best value from this spend.
- Undertaking market, product/service, supplier and organisational research to establish a base of knowledge about existing and future requirements and potential opportunities for improvement.