Trainee Upholsterer – Totton SO40 – Temp-Perm
As a Trainee Upholsterer, you will learn to strip off old fabrics and prepare for the new covers on beds and mattresses. You will be provided with a competitive hourly rate (depending on experience) 32 days holiday and company discount on products.
Duties for the Trainee Upholsterer:
• Adjust or replace webbing, padding, and / or springs and secure them in place
• Attach bindings or apply solutions to edges of cut material to prevent ravelling
• Attach fasteners, grommets, buttons, buckles, ornamental trim, and other accessories to covers or frames, using hand tools
• Build furniture up with loose fibre stuffing, cotton, felt, and / or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces
• Design upholstery cover patterns and cutting plans, based on sketches, customer descriptions, or blueprints
• Draw cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches or blueprints using chalk, pencils, paint or other methods
• Fit, install and secure material on frames using hand tools, Air Stapler, glue, and other methods
• Make, restore, and / or create custom upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods
• Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications
• Sew rips or tears in material, or create tufting using needles and thread
• An interest in upholstery
• Experience using hand tools
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work to meet tight deadlines
• Good eye for detail
The Trainee Upholsterer role may also suit candidates searching for: Upholstery, Materials, Textiles, Fabrics or Webbing.
As a Trainee Upholster you will work 0(phone number removed) Monday – Thursday 0(phone number removed) Friday (during peak periods the factory operates between 6:00 am & 6:00 pm). Free parking is provided along with a competitive salary, based on experience.