Data Loss Prevention SME, Cybersecurity
Data Loss Prevention (DLP) SME, Cybersecurity
Some Careers Grow Faster Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The Cybersecurity team at HSBC are engaged to transform the way information security is accomplished at the bank and we are set to enable the business to do more, as securely as we want, or need to be. In short, in line with the Bank’s strategy, we are to be Simpler, Better, Faster and of course – More Secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced individual to join this team in the role of a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) SME. The Data Loss Prevention SME role-holder is charged with protecting the HSBC brand, shareholder value, information and financial assets.
You will be working as part of the Data Management and Integration team within Cyber Security Technologies. You will be part of a team to protect and detect data loss incidents identified as part of the Cyber threat landscape.
Additionally, you will support coordination of the global DLP teams of monitors and SMEs. Supporting the strategic activities of the team in line with future projects and working with the global risk officers to support their risk strategies for DLP.
To be considered for this role, you will be a strong DLP specialist, ideally with Financial Services exposure.
* Facilitating the DLP service, including policy creation and reviews
* Assist in driving forward the service improvements of the DLP solution in line with the enterprise wide and regional / business level IT strategy
* Running the testing of DLP rules prior to full deployment
* Liaison with the DLP Governance group re approval of new rules
* Working with the DLP monitoring team to identify areas of anomalous events
* Ensuring DLP documentation is maintained, accurately and regularly reviewed
* Preparation and maintenance of DLP metrics
* Supporting the delivery and operating Strategy
* Providing key representation for and source of expertise on all DLP issues.
* Support the delivery of tooling to implement controls ensuring compliance with HSBC Information Security policies and standards globally including any regulatory requirements.
* Ensure information security requirements are adhered to globally by ensuring effective compliance and measures are in place.
* Work closely with the team as the 1LOD function and understand strategy while maintaining visibility of their IT security risk profile, exposures and control effectiveness and to provide robust challenge to the same audience when information security risk appetites are breached.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
* Wide range of cyber experience across cyber with specific focus on DLP. Experience of Symantec DLP monitoring and/or McAfee/ Skyhigh CASB
* Experience of building and deploying tooling to support DLP strategies
* Proven experience of successful operational management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
* Experience working in a highly regulated environment is essential
* Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management in a similar organisation
* A track record of making strategic business decisions, considering relevant risks, long term implications, commercial realities and stakeholders'' needs
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Knowledge of Middleware and file transmission technologies – Web Application Servers, Web Servers, ESB, MQ, Integration platforms, API Security, Sterling File Gateway) would be advantageous
The base location for this role is London
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.