Infrastructure Telecommunications Team Manager
Infrastructure Telecommunications Team Manager
Some Careers Grow Faster Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers’ banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team as an Infrastructure Telecommunications Team Manager, within the Internet and Network Security domain (INS)
In This Role, You Will
* Set up a global technology team across DMZ routers, switches, F5 load balancer and Checkpoint Firewalls. This initiative is to be undertaken with the other Internet and Network Security domain managers.
* Consolidate and reduce infrastructure complexity globally, working alongside the Next Generation Engineering team to implement.
* Define the global standard for INS infrastructure alongside the engineering team, and guide smaller regions in to implementing
* Deliver and operate Telecommunications business services that utilise appropriate infrastructure technology solutions such that they are efficient, cost optimal and highly resilient, in collaboration with business and Technology stakeholders
* Lead the global teams responsible for engineering, deploying base environments and operating the core IT infrastructure platform technology and solutions that run in Telecommunications globally
* Ensure Service Quality Targets are met for offered Telecommunication services
* Work with Next Generation Engineering and Architecture to define product roadmaps and keep other areas of HSBC informed about the Technological infrastructure capabilities available
* Responsible for ensuring completion of relevant audit actions, and ensuring the audit remediation is then embedded in to BAU practices
* Monitoring the compliance of external networks technology globally and guiding smaller regional teams to remediate.
* Ensure that an up to date inventory of devices is maintained within Cramer
* Has input in to the SSP (service sustainability portfolio) planning for the refreshes of end of life technology
* Support the Global RTB and CTB delivery team on complex GB/GF projects
* Respond during incidents; working with engineers to resolve the incident and liaise with incident management response teams. Representing the team during incident reviews.
* This role has line management responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
* Experience of managing a technology team
* Experience of building collaborative relationships with other technology teams in multiple geographical regions
* Experience of putting in place process improvements, and global standardisations
The base location for this role is London.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.