Due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit a Trainee Estimator to join a friendly office team.
Training will be given however experience of working in an office environment would be advantageous, as would a basic understanding of the construction industry.
Our office in Wootton Bassett near Swindon co-ordinates ceramic tiling works for major housebuilders across the south of England.
Day to day tasks of Trainee Estimator:
• Establishing client requirements from tender packages
• Using a simple CAD package to measure architectural drawings on a room by room basis
• Using Sage Construction to record contract information
• Using Excel to record measurements and compile figures
• Preparing professional and comprehensive quotations for customers
• Placing and following up orders with suppliers
• Filing and archiving
• Answering phone calls and assisting callers or passing to the appropriate person
• Ad hoc work to support Managers and the Director
• Procuring and comparing prices from suppliers
Trainee Estimator candidate requirements:
• Hardworking; enthusiastic and highly motivated
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are key
• The Trainee Estimator will be a good team player with a positive attitude
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision
• Portray professionalism and commercial awareness
• Good presentation skills
• Educated to GCSE standard with a minimum of Grade C or above in Maths and English
• Accurate, numerate with excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office)
On invitation to interview, candidates will need to supply 2 references and evidence of qualifications.
£19,000 - £22,000
Monday - Friday