Ellisknight are excited to be working with a telecommunications company who are looking to change the landscape of their market place.
We have been asked to assist them in creating a head office finance team, the client is growing at a rate of knots, and really is a game changer in their industry sector! If you would like to work for a rapidly growing company and are looking for a career move, then please call Matt Rushton on (phone number removed).
Purpose of the job
The Management Accountant supports the senior finance team on a day to day basis and at the month end.
The role contributes to the delivery of the management accounts to the board of directors on a timely basis to allow and support board and business decision making.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities
* Primary responsibility for the co-ordination and preparation of the monthly management accounts
* Prepare monthly revenue and deferred income journals, including IFRS15 adjustment
* Review balance sheet reconciliations and profit and loss analyses
* Management of Accounts Payable function, including oversight of weekly payment runs
* Line management of Accounts Payable team, Assistant Management Accountant and Assistant Accountant
* Complete monthly Group VAT return
* Any other ad-hoc duties as required
Knowledge & Skills
* Strong Excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookups, etc)
* Proactive with a can-do attitude and a strong eye for detail and accuracy
* Inquisitive mind, able to identify questions to ask and find solutions to issues
* Good communication skills
* Ability to manage and prioritise competing tasks in a fast paced and busy environment
* Positive and enthusiastic attitude and a desire to learn
Qualifications & Accreditations
* ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or part-qualified studier (qualified by experience will be considered)