HGV Class 1 Driver
Night time HGV Class 1 Container drivers to work at one of Birmingham's largest container depot's. 17:00 - 19:00 Start times Monday to Friday. Immediate assessments available! The job will involve deliveries to the ports of Felixstowe, London Gateway & Southampton on a nightly basis.
Experience with Containers, Skeleton trailers is essential. This will be ongoing work for the right candidate.
Work will be based just off the Birmingham ring road so is easily accessible from City Centre, Saltley, Aston, Bordesley Green, Nechells, Yardley, Tyseley, Digbeth, Erdington, Moseley, Edgbaston and surrounding areas.
Information about the Class 1 Container Driver role:
- No handball
- Excellent earning opportunity with overtime readily available
- Port deliveries (1 Per night)
- Temporary ongoing positions
- Skeleton trailers & twist locks
- 20ft, 40ft and high cube containers
Requirements for the Class 1 Container Driver role:
- Must hold a valid C+E Licence
- Have a valid digital tachograph and DQC card.
- Have no more than 9 points for min or offences, DD, DR or IN endorsements are not accepted for insurance purposes
- Experience with Skeleton trailers and containers is essential. Please enquire if you are interested in training on the relevant equipment.
Class 1 Driver you will receive rates of pay between
£10.50 p/h - £ 14.75 p/h. These rates are PAYE
£12.50 p/h - £15.75 p/h Self-employed.
A minimum 8 hours will be paid daily
All Pertemps Class 1 Drivers benefit from the following:
- 28 days paid annual leave
- Access to pension
- Uniform / PPE
- CPC training
- Weekly pay each Friday by BACS
- Dedicated local Transport Consultant
- Out of Hours contact available
PLEASE CLICK APPLY!
One of our Driving Team will contact you immediately to arrange a registration.