Customer Service Advisor
Do you have a passion for customer service?
Are you looking for a varied, interesting and challenging new role?
Would you like to receive exceptional training and development?
If the answer to these three questions is “Yes!”, then look no further!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing, award-winning Financial Services Company based in Reigate, Surrey.
With opportunities for career progression, we are a company that wants to help you, guide you and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
Our Investors in People Gold accolade demonstrates our commitment to putting our employees first and investing in their future.
In addition, Intrum has been awarded a 3 star ‘Exceptional’ accreditation from Investors in Customers for five consecutive years. This demonstrates our passion for seeking to understand the customer’s situation and create bespoke solutions for each of them. We believe in ethical practices, fair treatment of customers and creating a positive customer experience.
Intrum is an ethical credit account purchaser. We purchase a variety of credit accounts from lenders and seek to understand why customer relationships have broken down. We then gather information from the customer about their financial circumstances before setting up new payment plans based solely on what they can afford. We charge no interest or fees and consider all customer circumstances in order to provide the best outcome.
As a Customer Service Advisor:
* You will be at the forefront of our business, operating via telephone to contact our customers
* This role is heavily customer focussed and you will be required to establish positive engagement with our customers, build rapport and demonstrate fair treatment
* You will conduct affordability assessments in order to fully understand each customer's financial situation and, where appropriate, set up reasonable repayment plans. Our customers are encouraged to pay only what they can afford
* You will explain the benefits of reaching their "debt free day", providing clear time-scales and information in line with their repayment plans
* You will provide guidance to customers on the availability of free money advice, such as the Citizen's Advice Bureau
* You will maintain system notes, ensuring records of calls are complete, accurate, professional and a true reflection of the conversation
* This role requires great listening skills, empathy and telephone manner
The start date is currently set to Monday 11th February 2019
Three shift patterns are available:
* 10:30 - 19:00 Monday to Friday
* 11:30 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
* 09:00 - 17:30 four days per week, 10:00 - 20:00 one day per week and every other Saturday 09:00 - 13:30, with a day off in lieu during that week
Please note that you will be subject to a credit check and a criminal records check as part of our pre-employment checks process. You should not have more than one registered default, be bankrupt or have any active County Court Judgements on your credit file.
The starting salary is £19,000, increasing upon probation pass to £19,500 and again after one years' service to £20,000
Salary increase with service / Monthly bonus, Excellent Transport Links to Reigate, Redhill (2 miles) and Crawley (10 miles), Pension, Onsite gym
Customer | Retail | Hospitality | Call Centre | Call-centre | Customer Service | Telephone | Communication | Advisor | CS advisor
* The ideal candidate will have a desire to make a conscious effort to assist and engage customers, through high levels of empathy and understanding
* Ability to build rapport and engage in communication with any audience. Communicating logically and using language to fit the audience
* Demonstrate a desire and energy towards excellence and quality within the business
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to liaise with all levels of personnel appropriately and professionally
* Previous experience working in a customer service environment such as retail, call centres, hospitality etc
Intrum is a leading global Credit Management Services company, with a presence in over 24 countries, offering services designed to measurably improve our customers and client’s financial circumstances.
Our UK offices are situated in the historic town of Reigate, Surrey. As a company, we buy non-performing unsecured consumer debt portfolios from leading UK banks and credit card companies, as well as other credit lenders. Once the debt has been sold to us, we work towards collecting it by engaging with customers or their representatives in an ethical manner ensuring above all else fair outcomes to the customers we are in contact with.