Estates Maintenance Worker (NHS)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan and organise in coordination with contractors unsupervised routine and complex maintenance, analysis, solution finding and repair work, assess safety situation/analysis and diagnosis of faults on a range of complex multifaceted building services that requires the judgement and skills of a fully qualified maintenance worker as this relates to his/her competence, training and/or experience. These requirements shall include:-
* operation and maintenance of steam boilers to PM5 standard along with related steam distribution and control systems
* operation and maintenance hot water boilers to PM5 and variable temperature heating and control systems
* maintenance of major air conditioning plant and environmental control systems for operating theatres etc. in accordance with the maintenance requirements of HTM 2025
* maintenance and installation of hot and cold water services in accordance with HTM 2040 and Water Regulations centred on the prevention of Legionnaires Disease
* maintenance and organise interruptions to site services through supervising contractor activity to provide the installation of general building services and selected data systems
2 Participate in on call rota for out of hours cover for emergency work in order to ensure acceptable service standards are maintained. This cover is for all sites within the Airedale NHS Trust.
3 Cover stand in duties of the Shift Engineer following relevant training in shift duties.
4 Demonstrate a good knowledge of statutory legislation, health and safety legislation and workshop safety practices as this relates to the specific duties of the post and to the safety of other staff and members of the public.
5 To carry out work in all areas of the Trust’s healthcare premises including those of a high risk or sensitive nature.
6 The ability to work as part of a team or an individual as required to organise and supervise oneself.
8 The department operates on a multi skill system. This means that, whilst each craftsman has a core trade discipline involving specific skills, they will be expected to show a willingness and ability to perform tasks beyond those of their core trade. You must be self-starting, self-motivated and capable of showing and using one’s own initiative.
9 To carry out the duties and work with the use of relevant tools (power or hand) and the use of sophisticated diagnostic and test equipment in order to evaluate system/equipment performance and to record and amend relevant drawings and data through the use of spreadsheets and relevant software databases.
10 To carry out work as a Maintenance Person when assessed and appointed under the Trust’s Low Voltage Electrical policy (HTM 2020) and to operate within the scope of the LV Policy house rules permitted under the authorisation appointment.
11 To learn additional skills and to undertake work in other trades as required.
12 To carry out installation work relating to piped distribution services such as heating, hot and cold water and drainage services involved in system maintenance as well as upgrading and adaptation works.
13 To carry out pipe work, equipment and mechanical system surveys and provide information for the updating of estate records, system drawings and equipment inventories (Asset register).
14 To maintain drainage systems above and below ground relating to surface water systems, foul water systems and a small number specialist discharge systems.
15 To ensure customer/client confidentiality and promote good customer liaison at all times.
16 To maintain in a clear, concise and orderly fashion all required works records and test data relating to work activities in order to satisfy normal work records and legislative requirements.
* To liaise with Contractors, Service Engineers and Suppliers to identify parts and equipment for order requisitions for the effective maintenance and repair of building systems and complex equipment where necessary.
* Provide technical and safety training, technical advice, safety instruction and support to Trainees, Maintenance Assistants, staff and contractors where required.
19 Undertake fault-finding on complex, multifaceted service networks, critical systems and equipment using recognised diagnostic techniques and test equipment along with detailed examination to gain a solution.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS INITIALLY A 6-12 MONTHS ROLE IN A NON-PERMANENT CAPACITY. FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE THE ROLE WILL BECOME PERMANENT. HOURS OF WORK ARE 37.5 HOURS EACH WEEK.
DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO RESPOND TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS THEN ON THIS OCCASION YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL. A FULL COPY OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE PROVIDED TO SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES.
Taskmaster Resources is acting as Recruitment Business for this vacancy.