Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Works Manager to join our Regional team to work in Wokingham.
To provide management, leadership and control of multi-disciplinary team comprising General Foremen, Section Foremen, Junior Foremen and Gangers.
Working with Wokingham Borough Council under the Scape National Civil Engineering and Infrastructure framework, will include the planning, design and construction of nine vital road schemes in Wokingham.
What you'll be doing
As a Works Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Live the Balfour Beatty values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities;
- Motivate team and manage performance, monitor the competency of team members and undertake training and coaching as appropriate;
- Ensure sufficient resources are allocated to the Works Section and that each has an appropriate level of ability
- Implement systems and processes;
- Carry out periodic Safety & Environmental Tours as required by the Project H&S Plan.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following experience and qualities:
- Able to communicate clearly the requirements of a safe system of work;
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes;
- Strong work ethic;
- Hold a current driving licence and CSCS Card;
- Understands the specific terms, conditions and outputs of relevant subcontractors and suppliers;
- Encourages ownership within the team and fosters a culture of Right First Time;
- Working knowledge of the NEC and other relevant forms of contract and will be able to develop professional relationships with Client representatives.