Job Title: Works Manager.
Reports to:* Operations Manager, Managing Director.*
Sheet Metal/Metal Working experience is essential for this role and two years supervisory a minimum.
Being responsible for all production personnel at shop floor level; the role is to establish and maintain safe systems of work, standard operating procedures and integrate lean methodology whilst achieving efficient supply of bespoke customer orders in a timely manner and in line with company & customer goals.
The role also encompasses the management of Health & Safety and employee inductions/training.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Control efficient scheduling of production:
- Execute production to meet deliveries using efficient allocation of resources.
- Control the flow of work throughout the shop floor processes.
- Timings to be monitored and achieved and any discrepancies reported.
- Promote continuous improvement ethos and practice lean processes within production - Six Sigma, 6S, TPM, SPC or SMED.
- Working to JIT methodology.
- Initiate and monitor improved methods for production processes through use of key performance indicators.
- Manage 60+ staff, including performance management and training/development planning:
- Assess competency levels with a view to raising levels where needed.
- Monitor employee performance and raise concerns, opportunities for improvement and praise high performers.
- Report any employee skills gaps to management.
- Ensure rotation of skills and processes to aid flexibility and improve workers autonomy.
- Ensure quality objectives are achieved and help implement and drive change where necessary to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manage Health & Safety in its entirety including SOPs and Employee Inductions.
- Work alongside upper management to ensure new projects for improvements are being achieved and over-see daily tasks on shop floor with a clear “challenge” ethos.
- Set out clear instructions to Shop Floor Supervisors and implement Standard Operating Procedures for compliance.
- Holding investigative meetings when training and other avenues have failed to achieve results and initiate disciplinary proceedings when required by forwarding evidence for further action.
- Engage in long term planning to ensure future growth.
- Make recommendations to the management team and be involved with strategies for future growth.
- Review production systems to improve quality and reduce costs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 /year