Our client is a privately owned construction company turning over circa £40m per year across traditional and design & build schemes valued from £1m - £20m including but not limited to education, residential, commercial, retail and leisure. The company have strategically grown turnover to a level which requires additional support, therefore, a requirement for a Construction Manager has arisen to report into the Construction Director and take responsibility for the larger sized schemes valued £10m-£20m – predominately PRS and student accommodation.
Objectives as Construction Manager
- Overall responsibility for the management of a circa 2-4 contracts
- To ensure each contract is delivered safely, on programme, within budget and to the required standard of quality
- To develop effective working relationships with clients and consultants
- Commercial awareness of contracts to maximise profitability
Key deliverables as Construction Manager
- Acting as a first point of contact for the contract operations team to offer support and advice
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of both Health & Safety Legislation and internal H&S Management System
- Managing effective meetings; pre-start, hand-over meetings, sub-contractor progress, contract progress, internal team meetings as required
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external clients
- Managing finance and budgets in conjunction with the Commercial team.
- Managing performance, team conflict and communication issues where necessary
If you’d like to hear more about this excellent career opportunity then please apply with an up to date CV.