Technical Implementation Specialist - Hackney Council
Pay: £190 a day (umbrella)
Duration: 1 year
Scope: Inside IR-35
Hours: 35 hour week
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To configure and Integrate Housing Systems in order to deliver systems requirements for Housing Applications Projects. This role is a hands-on technical role with changes being made to configurations and integrations of existing housing systems, additional housing systems modules, and integrations. The role involves coordination of third party suppliers, business process analysis, functional and non-functional testing, training and managing changes to the production housing systems environment.
This is a contract position for 12 months to specifically focus on Housing Systems implementation projects, predominantly Mobile Working for Void Repairs and the implementation of the Repairs Subcontractor Portal.
Main areas of responsibility:
The post holder will have lead responsibility and accountability for the following:-
- Liaise and coordinate project resources (end users, product owner, suppliers).
- Raises Purchase Orders and necessary financial paperwork in line with London Borough of Hackney’s financial regulations.
- Provides regular reports on project progress and spend.
- Ensures that changes are reviewed and obtains approvals to minimise scope creep.
Systems Configuration & Integration:
- Review business process changes and identify the systems requirements.
- Identify changes to applications configurations and integrations.
- Make configuration changes to housing systems to deliver project needs.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure API’s are working as required where they are required for the project.
- Configure changes to traditional integrations between housing systems to ensure implementation is working end to end.
- Review and map the KPI data requirements and liaise with Data Insights team to ensure corporate KPI systems reflect the changes made to Housing Management systems as a result of housing systems changes.
- Test all systems changes to ensure that functional changes are working as specified.
- Check data integrity across all systems.
- Arrange end user testing and obtain business acceptance of configuration changes.
- Ensure changes are managed to LBH ICT Change Management protocols.
- Ensure systems have been tested thoroughly from both ICT and Housing Perspective.
- Ensure users are trained and end user-guides are produced.
- Ensure the applications management team are aware of changes and are trained on supporting the systems changes.
- Introduce Changes to production environment successfully (with no negative impacts to availability).
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working with Housing Management Systems, this could be in a project or systems support capacity. Experience of Mobile Working systems for Housing repairs would be an advantage.
- Experience of administering and implementing changes to the following systems would be an advantage, 1st Touch, DRS, Universal Housing Transactional, Universal Housing Workflow,Servitor.
- Experienced in supporting Repairs systems.
- Local Authority experience.
Business Process Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Direct Labour Organisations or Outsourced Housing Repairs Management processes.
- Knowledge of Void Repairs and Repairs Subcontractor Management processes.
- Exposure to PO/Invoicing and obtaining finance approvals for project spend.
- Experienced in standard ICT business analysis, systems configurations, change management and acceptance into service (BAU).