NHS IT Support Technician
An exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated individual to provide effective ICT technical request support with the Trust corporate and locality areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful resolution of IT Support calls in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with Trust IT Services standards
IT systems are used within every department and team with the Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust. It is the purpose of the IT Services team to ensure that systems are used effectively and meet the needs of all users. As part of these services the main duties of the IT Support Technician are to support users of Trust PC and peripheral equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide effective IT technical request support at all sites within the Trust,
• Analyse and successfully resolve problems with ICT System Accounts in a timely and effective manner in accordance with Trust IT Services standards.
• Perform installations, configurations, re-locations and de-commissioning of computer hardware (e.g. PCs and printers), software (e.g. MS Office applications or client software which enables access to Trust applications such as ePex or Safecode) and peripherals in accordance with Trust IT Services standards, ensuring all appropriate documentation is completed. This could be at any location within the Trust and occasionally at non-Trust sites.
• Record progress of all IT support calls on the IT Service Desk system accurately and regularly in such as way as to provide instructive and significant information regarding the progression of assigned calls, in accordance with Trust IT Services standards
• In conjunction with the corporate IT Service Desk, keep Trust staff regularly informed of progress of their IT support call or query in accordance with Trust IT Services standards.
• Escalate any irresolvable problems to more senior IT staff providing clear information on the nature of the problem and the solutions so far attempted.
• Promote good practice in the use of IT hardware and Software and security measures.
• Provide advice and demonstrate use of software and hardware to end-users.
• Ensure all IT equipment is kept safely and securely and protected from theft or damage.
• Create and support user log-ons, network and e-mail accounts.
• Carry out server support and network support as instructed or under the supervision of Technical Services team members.
• Assist in the testing of new PC images and provide feedback to the Technical Services Team.
• Ensure server back-up tapes are changed and that the back-ups are successfully completed and any problems are reported to the Technical Services Team
• Undertake additional 1st line technical support duties as part of one-off projects e.g. installations of PCs or networking equipment, documentation, etc.
• Ensure all new IT equipment delivered is signed for.
• Perform other occasional tasks as and when requested to do so by the IT Services Senior Management.
• Prepare and keep up to date any technical documentation in conjunction with the Technical Services team or other teams as requested.
• Assist in the maintenance of the IT Asset Register in keeping it up to date and complete at all times.
• Carry out periodical audits of Trust computer equipment.
• Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of hardware (e.g. PCs, printers, etc) and desktop applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Outlook etc) in use within the Trust.
• Maintain an up to date awareness of specific applications (e.g. ePex, SPSS, Safecode systems) in use within the Trust.
• Maintain an up-to-date awareness of IT technologies and developments. This may involve attending seminars, training events and reading relevant journals and technical documentation.
Applicants should be confident in their own abilities and keen learners in order to fulfil the role to the best of your ability. If this sounds like you, and if you want to discuss the role further then please contact Tom at Service Care Solutions Ltd on (phone number removed), or alternatively send an updated CV