Senior Revenues & Benefits Advisor
Senior Revenues & Benefits Advisor - Cambridge
A local authority in Cambridge are recruiting for a Senior Customer Service Advisor, with specialist knowledge of Revenues and Benefits - including Housing and Council Tax Benefits.
• The purpose of this role is to; provide high quality advice and information to customers through telephone, electronic and face-to-face channels. You will also be assisting the team leader in guiding, coaching, mentoring and training team members and handling more specialist enquiries as designated.
• In this position you will be assisting council residents with enquiries relating to housing and council tax benefits over the phone
• Where necessary, to refer rents to the Rent Officer Service and input the results onto the computer system.
• To ensure that members of the public are dealt with in an effective and efficient manner, by telephone, correspondence, at the reception counter or by visit to their home, in all matters relating to their benefit claim.
• To ensure that all information relating to Benefits' claimants remains confidential and not disclosed to any unauthorised person/s, paying particular attention to the Data Protection Act.
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have the following experience:
• Sound knowledge of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit regulations
• Strong working knowledge of Northgate SX3 / I-World IT System, as well as MS Office
• Good understanding of Council Tax Legislation
This role is full time, 37 hours per week on an initial one-month contract. Before applying, please ensure you have a basic DBS as minimum, and as these vacancies are urgent, you will need to be available immediately.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
• A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
• Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
• DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
• £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Lee McMillan at Service Care Solutions via lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk - you can also call Lee on (phone number removed) or LinkedIn to discuss the role in more detail.