Lift inspector - Hammersmith and Fulham Council
Pay: £26 p/h (umbrella)
Duration: 6 month
Hours: 36 per week
Scope: Inside IR-35
- To work within a team providing professional lift engineering service to maintain reliable and safe lift services and reduce the frequency of breakdowns.
- To be responsible for the provision of lift service, , and maintenance support on lift engineering matters
- Responsible for day to day management of the lift maintainance contract in ensuring that the requirement in the contract are being carried out to the highest standard in delivering a reliable and safe lift service.
- Carry out site meetings and inspect works to ensure lift maintenance and repair services, provided by contractors, comply with the terms of the contract and are undertaken in a property and professional manner as defined by the appropriate professional codes of practice, health and safety.
- Provide professional and technical advice and report on all matters within the functionality of the service.
- Prepare reports for project approval and progress updates, highlighting performance of contractors against Key Performance Indicators.
- Undertake detailed investigations, make site visits, carry out surveys, diagnose faults and specify remedial actions giving clear oral and written instructions to contractor’s operatives where required.
- Receive and scrutinise content of lift certification/ inspection reports from contractors. Maintain comprehensive records of certification ensuring that certificates are within date.
- Maintain and improve standards of the lift engineering service for LBHF.
- Maintain and update relevant Quality Assurance systems/procedures/processes.
- Maintain own up to date knowledge of legislation, advances in technology and best practice relating to the functionality of this post and ensure that it is translated into action.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with their grade as directed by manager.
- Monitorand reporton contractor’s performance to ensure that services meet performance, contractual compliance,quality and budgetary targets.
- Provide information as required to colleagues to support budgetary and performance monitoring,Health and Safety reporting,statutory and regulatory returns,audits and self- assessments.
- Attend meetings with tenants and lease holders to undertake pre-project consultation to ensure the needs,priorities and aspirations of residents are understood and involve customers in monitoring services so that customer feedback drives continuous service improvement.