Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer – Digital Solutions
Some Careers Shine Brighter Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC’s history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in the UK, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Test Automation Engineer. You will be a key contributor embedded within a Digital cross functional team, responsible for developing and delivering automation in line with an agile delivery team which utilises maximum automation. You will also be part of the wider QA & Test Discipline to contribute to the evolution of the automation frameworks utilised.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
* Testing mobile and web application software
* Creating, driving and building test strategies that are robust, reusable and scalable
* Conducting system, integration and acceptance testing, writing test scripts, delivering quality driven applications in line with test strategies
* Being responsible for creating detailed test artefacts such as test plans, test specifications, automated tests, defect tickets and reports
* Working with both your team and other cross functional teams to plan and execute tests using the latest UI/Mobile test automation technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently for millions of HSBC customers
* Collaborating with architects to ensure solutions adhere to their principles and direction
* Leading mentoring, up-skilling and inspiring other automation engineers
* Delivering fair outcomes for our customers
To be successful in this role you should meet some or all of the following requirements:
* Broad experience of automated and manual testing types, including; Unit, Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Exploratory, User Acceptance Testing, Ad-hoc and Compatibility
* Working knowledge of Agile methodologies, Scrum and Kanban
* First hand experience of working in a ServiceOps and DevOps environment
* Hands on experience with CI/CD automation servers, preferably Jenkins
* Solid and demonstrable experience of BDD, TDD and ATDD
* The ability to express requirements using the Gherkin language
* Test automation experience using JUnit, HTMLUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, Selenium(IDE, RC, WebDriver), TestNG, Mockito, Hamcrest, Rest-Assured, FitNesse
* Experience using an object orientated programming language, preferably Java
* Knowledge of software design patterns - Singleton, Builder, Page Object Model
* Broad experience of working on and testing applications running on different operating systems (Windows, Mac Os, z/OS, Linux, Android)
* Practical experience of Test automation on a broad range of Mobile Devices
* Performance testing experience using JMeter or similar tools
* Good understanding of UI testing on market leading browsers: Chrome, Safari, IE, FireFox, Opera
* Hands on experience of API testing within a microservices architecture
* Experience in writing and delivering test plans, test cases and regression packs to enable defect detection and solution validation
* Previous exposure to collaboration tools such as Jira, for test and issue/bug management
* Ability to collaborate with developers - pair programming and reviewing unit tests
* Test automation experience of REST and SOAP based web services
* Use of automation for Test Data creation and having a good understanding of why this is needed
* Working knowledge of automation build tools, preferably Maven
* Competent with source control management tools such as GitLab, GitHub, SVN, Nexus
* Some experience of security testing Sonar/SonarQube
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages.
Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.