Partnership Funding Officer - Brent Council
Pay: £25 p/h (umbrella)
Duration: 3 Month
Hours: 36 hours a week
Scope: Inside IR-35
To lead the development of a strong relationship with the voluntary sector by undertaking the full management of a programme of grants and contracts awarded to the sector ensuring that they deliver value for money and achieve positive outcomes that improve the lives of local people.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day operation of the Partnership & Engagement team grants and contracts.
- Support the strategic development of the Council’s approach to funding the sector through researching good practice and developments elsewhere.
- Design and implement tendering exercises that commission the voluntary sector to deliver key council services.
- Manage the Council’s small and large grant funding pots ensuring funding is allocated fairly and transparently.
- Provide training, advice and guidance to the voluntary sector supporting them to increase the amount of external funding that is brought into the Borough.
- Design and implement effective processes that support the administration of voluntary sector grants and contracts.
- Conduct detailed assessment of selected applications, including site visits, evidence reviews, and financial due diligence.
- Effectively monitor and performance manage projects funded from designated funds in line with council requirements.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- An honours degree or equivalent higher education qualification or relevant experience gained in a related environment.
- Extensive knowledge of current issues in local government and policy affecting the voluntary sector.
- An awareness of local government decision-making, service planning, consultation and budget preparation.
- Significant experience of working alongside the voluntary sector in a grant or contract role.
- Experience of developing and sustaining excellent working relationships with a wide range of individuals in the voluntary sector.
- Experience of embedding strong monitoring and evaluation techniques to ensure effective use of grant funding.
- Experience of developing tender exercises for large contracts.
- Experience of collating and analysing information from a variety of sources.
- Experience of using IT applications to analyse data.