We are looking for people with empathy and compassion who want to make a difference! We have vacancies for full and part time night care assistants to work 10pm - 7am.
Ask any St Jude's Care Assistant and they’ll probably say that this is one of the most rewarding experiences they have ever had.
Our work is predominately within Weymouth, Portland and Dorchester. However, you could be travelling up to an hour from Weymouth.
What will be required of you?
- To provide support and encouragement and maximise independence in household tasks and personal care including:
- Domestic chores which could include making and changing beds, general housework eg dusting, polishing and hoovering, shopping, budgeting, preparing and cooking meals, pet care and laundry
- Personal care tasks which could include assistance with personal hygiene, oral care, hair care, continence, washing, dressing
- Safe administration of medication (including creams) in accordance with individual care plans and risk assessment
Why work for St Jude's Care?
- Use of one of our lovely St Jude’s Care pool cars (with fuel provided) for care calls (no travel costs or wear and tear on your own vehicle)
- Competitive pay rates and bank holiday enhancements
- Accrued holiday pay
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Agreed weekly working pattern including weekend on/weekend off arrangement (to provide work/life balance
- Full or part time hours
- Full ongoing training within a friendly, supportive environment with access to national qualifications including Health and Social Care QCF Level 2 and 3.
- 24/7 support including emergency out of hours
St Jude's Care prides itself on providing first class care for every client within their own home. Our clients have a range of needs from mental health, learning disabilities and palliative care through to just wanting companionship. Our aim is to make sure our clients can remain in their own home. With the right care we can help them keep their independence and maintain their dignity.
If you have the passion to deliver high quality care then we would like to hear from you!