Woodlands Care Centre in Cambridge, is a welcoming, beautifully decorated, purpose-built home which specialises in Nursing, Residential and Dementia care for older people, and is currently seeking Day / Night Health Care Assistants.
Come join our friendly team and work in a role you can be proud of where you will be working in a modern and welcoming environment; and where you will support people to live a dignified, fulfilling life which enables them to be as independent as possible whilst you deliver the very best standards of care.
About the role
Our philosophy at RCH is that we have a person centred approach which applies to both our residents and our staff. As a care assistant, you will be working in a team where the resident’s dignity, personal safety and wishes are at the centre of all care choices; and where your personal training and development are of the utmost importance to us.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and feeding;
- Assisting residents with mobility and support;
- Administering residents’ medication;
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities or events with residents, both individually and as a group;
- Being aware and participating in the development of resident Care plans and having full awareness of any specialist support needs;
Please note that both full-time and part-time positions are available.
Who would make an ideal care worker?
- Someone who is kind, caring and compassionate
- Someone who is a friendly and happy ‘people person’
- Someone who is a good listener with patience
- Someone who is passionate and keen to develop new skills
- Someone who is a flexible and pro-active individual who enjoys working in a team
- Someone who is reliable, polite and punctual
Although we don’t require someone with any direct qualifications as we provide ongoing training and support, the following attributes would be preferable:
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbally;
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (desirable but not required);
- Ability to organise efficiently and prioritise workloads whilst under pressure;
- A minimum of 3 months’ experience in a care environment.
Candidates MUST have proof of right to work in the UK
- Ongoing training and support to further your career
- A Career pathway with opportunities to get promoted; where progression to management positions is encouraged
- Comprehensive and full induction
- Wide variety of health, retail and leisure benefits via Perkbox
- Company pension scheme*
- Paid annual leave (pro rata)*
- Refer a friend cash bonus*
- 2 free uniforms
- Parking available on site