Cranswick Gourmet Sausage Co. (Lazenby’s) is our fast-paced sausage facility located in Hull. Using only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, Cranswick are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers, supplying major retailers and foodservice outlets alike.
Our people are at the heart of the business and we are now looking for motivated engineers to join our team of hard-working and dedicated individuals. Working within a team, on a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern, the principle purpose of the role is to maintain production machinery, attend breakdowns and fulfil tasks to maintain the fabric and plant of the site.
The main duties of the role include;
- Maintenance of production machinery and equipment to optimum standards, working to minimise downtime
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance to schedule
- Provide a rapid response to breakdowns
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Gourmet production lines from the time of ‘start up’
- Carry out duties in line with high health and safety standards, to include
- Excellent Housekeeping
- Risk assessment of all jobs
- Prompt near miss and accident reporting
- Ensure the efficient usage of spare parts, consumables and equipment
- Support the learning and development of the apprentices
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of FMCG (food)
- Have worked within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in any engineering discipline
- Preferably be apprentice trained
- Be health and safety conscience (qualifications are desirable)
- Preferably have worked with Handtmann, Reiser and Proseal machines
We have multiple positions available on either the day shift or night shift. If you are interested in applying, please specify which shift you are applying for.