Part time HR Administrator
Part time HR Administrator
Salary: £15,000 per annum (based on £25,000 FTE) + Benefits
Solarcentury is one of the most respected solar companies in the world. Founded in 1998, we have been around since the early days of the solar industry and are part of the rapid evolution that has made PV the mainstream energy source that it is today. We have put solar on a greater variety of sites than any other company in the industry, and have won multiple awards for product innovation.
And our business is global and growing, with offices in the UK, the Netherlands, Kenya, Ghana, Chile, Panama and Mexico, Germany, France and Spain. We will soon be expanding into Italy.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an HR Administrator to join our London team on a part time basis. The role is part time – 22.5 hours a week or three full days and we are flexible in regards to how those hours are split.
You will be an integral part of the team, ensuring our HR processes are seamless and covering all administration requirements for the team to ensure we are providing a high-quality HR service. Your accuracy and timeliness of input and responses to queries and actions that need closing off will be instrumental for the good reputation of the HR department.
This is a great opportunity and exciting time to join us for someone starting out in HR or a graduate with a few years’ HR work experience. You will get wide exposure to all areas of generalist HR and experience with a growing international company.
Key activities and responsibilities:
* Raising contracts of employment for new joiners (from templates)
* Creating change of terms letters (change of working patterns, promotions, hours)
* Amending and updating employee records on Cascade (HR Information system)
* Maintaining an audit trail for receiving signed contracts/letters back
* Onboarding and offboarding - adding new starters on Cascade and processing leavers
* Building and running reports using Query Builder (Cascade)
* First point of contact for the central HR Inbox, and HR ticketing system – sorting and filtering accordingly
* Assist HR advisor to update policies, templates and forms
* Assist HR Advisor to improve the onboarding experience for new joiners – ensure all new joiners receive a Welcome email, have a comprehensive induction programme, attend a settling in meeting with HR, and complete a Recruitment Experience survey.
* Creating welcome packs for new joiners, work with central support teams to manage induction and training invites and rotas – e.g. IT Training, Office/Health and Safety Induction, HR Induction, Company Induction and SolarAid Talks.
* Assist with running of HR Inductions (running inductions where appropriate)
* Own cascade User Guide, guides for booking overtime and Time in Lieu etc, update as required.
* Identify opportunities to improve HR service/offering
* Booking and arranging training courses and invitations.
* Support HR team with all administration requirements.
* Raising HR purchase orders in our finance system – Microsoft Dynamics NAV
* Scanning and electronic filing
Qualifications and experience:
* Previous experience using an HR information system (Cascade)- (highly desirable)
* 1 years’ experience supporting an HR function
* Fluency in English, additional languages a big plus! – German, Spanish, French, Dutch
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work
* Ability to multi task and prioritise
* Strong organisational skills
* Good Excel skills
* Ability to work in a team and support colleagues at all levels
* Strong communication skills, understanding of cultural differences
* Use of initiative and proactivity where required
* Customer service focus
Solarcentury is in business for a purpose: to make a meaningful difference in the fight against climate change through the widespread adoption of solar power. We are a big believer in helping solar change our world for the better and contribute 5% of our net profits every year to the charity we founded, SolarAid, which aims to eradicate kerosene lamps from Africa by 2020.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.