Logistics Supervisor - Heathrow Airport
Do you have a logistics and transport background in a supervisory capacity? Are you interested in a career working in the travel industry?
We are looking to recruit a Logistics Supervisor to join this fast-growing team. This role requires someone who can think strategically in delivering seamless exceptional on-time customer experience through transforming how we travel, while minimising costs and streamlining processes. You will be reporting to the Logistics Team Leader and will be responsible for the development and implementation of all operational aspects of security and luggage processes. You will take projects froml concept through final implementation and develop schedules, project estimates, resources and status plans to management standards.
Based from a facility close to Heathrow Airport, you will be responsible for oveerseeing Manchester Airport's logistics. You will work closely with the operations team in delivering a seamless luggage transfer operation in and out of the airport, being proactive in ensuring luggage is in the correct location at the right time, guaranteeing flawless delivery for the customer and on time experience.
Please note that this role is on a shift basis operating on 3 early shifts and 3 late shifts followed by 3 days off. Typically you will be working a 43 hour week.
Day to day responsibilities include the following:
▪ Handle warehousing activities while on shift making sure luggage flow meets operations requirements.
▪ Working closely with the Logistics Team Leader and the Operations Duty Managers, ensuring the security and integrity of each bag is delivered on time in order to drive new sales and repeat business, including a referral programme and use of re-targeting services;
▪ Identifying opportunities to drive adoption of the service;
▪ Working closely with the driving team to make sure transportation is done in a professional manner while meeting Health and Safety standards.
▪ Planning and coordinating all incoming luggage and deliveries, storing these items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve all team objectives and KPI’s set by Head of Operations;
▪ Implementing company H&S policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices at all times within the warehouse;
▪ Lead the shift transportation and warehouse function, in conjunction with the Logistics Team Leader based at Heathrow Airport;
▪ Preparing and coordinating all outgoing deliveries, looking at required resources and taking action to make further plans for additional resources.
▪ Ensuring daily operational tasks are completed;
▪ Carrying out all daily operational inspections of site and attending to any issues;
▪ Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of warehouse activities and employee’s performance;
▪ Maintaining and documenting all health and safety records to protect warehouse and fleet of vehicles status
In order to meet the criteria required, you will need to;
* Have previous experience as above;
* Be able to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English;
* Have a full clean UK driving licence;
* Be able to make your own way to the Airport by car or public transport for your shifts;
* Provide eligibility to work in the UK;
* Complete a basic disclosure/criminal record check;
* Not have lived outside the UK for more than 6 months at a time during and have been resident here for at least 5 years;
* Provide 5 years written references and support any gaps of 28 days or more
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy