Major Logistics has an immediate opportunity on a temporary to permanent basis for a Van Driver. Our client is a well established company based in Leeds.
This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door and this position may lead to a permanent role in the future. The ideal candidate will have experience driver 3.5T vehicles and will be used to doing multi-drop deliveries.
* Delivering goods to the customers on a regular basis
* Carrying out warehouse duties on a regular basis
* Loading and reloading your vehicle as and when required
* Ensuring all paperwork is completed and compliant
* Maintaining the vehicles and reporting any faults
* Adhering to company policies and procedures
Your working week will be split between both delivery driving and warehouse duties.
Hours of work:
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday on an ongoing basis.
The start time do vary but you must be prepared for early morning starts, usually from 02:00 onwards but may be early on the odd occation. You will not be required to start early every day.
Skills and experience required:
* Current UK driving licence
* Licences with no more than 6 points (Drivers with DD or DR codes or bans will NOT be considered)
* At least 2 years experience driving 3.5T vehicles
* At least 2 years experience delivery driving on a professional basis