We have a new opportunity at UK College of Business and Computing for a Student Advisor/Receptionist to join the team based in London. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, receive a highly competitive salary of £18,000 - £24,000 per annum!
The UK College of Business and Computing has over 3,000 students on HND, BA and AAT courses. Providing administrative support and welfare to these students across the campuses can be highly challenging but also highly rewarding. The College is seeking exceptional student advisors to be a part of this leading global education provider.
The Student Advisor/Receptionist Role
The role of a Student Advisor is wide ranging. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate several competencies including attention to detail, flexibility in approach to work and the ability to manage conflicting deadlines. The ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team demonstrating a high degree of self-motivation is also required.
Ideally you will already have some relevant experience and possess excellent communication skills, drive and excellent customer care skills to deliver a high-quality service to a range of stakeholders at all levels. Experience of working with Microsoft Office software; MS Excel will be necessary.
Key Responsibilities of our Student Advisor/Receptionist
- Provide outstanding advice and support for students and visitors to the campus, maintaining and improving customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all students are equipped with the correct information relevant to their chosen course . timetables, class changes, awarding body requirements etc.
- Provide written and verbal advice and guidance to students
-Be a point of contact for reporting student absences. Updating MIS system accordingly and advising relevant departments as necessary of absences in line with college procedures and policies.
- Assist the Campus Manager with overall running of the campus ensuring procedures and policies are adhered to.
-To ensure all students and staff maintain confidentiality and professionalism in compliance with the UKCBC Data Protection Policy and Procedures in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
-To take part in student inductions and events as required by role.
-Fulfil Health and Safety responsibilities.
-The post holder will in addition, carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as required by the Campus Manager. As business requirements change the job description will evolve.
-Reception duties such as welcoming and addressing the customers, handling and transferring phone calls and provide hospitality to visitors as required.
-Booking, managing and conduction computer based examination by ACCA and AAT
-Provide support to students in relation to the student finance matters
-student services – Issuance of Identity cards, letters and student travel discounts
-Create and maintain student records as per the GDPR regulations
Our Ideal Student Advisor/Receptionist
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A proven track record of working in a busy team and building beneficial working relationships.
- Higher Education sector experience would be beneficial
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Personable and able to build a rapport with students and maintain a professional relationship with students and staff.
- Ability to manage a significant workload
- Experience is using Microsoft packages, such as Excel, word, PowerPoint.
- Proactive and has a desire to make a difference
- Willing to work outside of business hours as required
- Willing to work from different campus if required
- Ability to deal confidentially and sensitively with students and team members
If you would like to join us in this Student Advisor/Receptionist, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!