Barrow-in- Furness, Cumbria
Start Date: ASAP
Term: Full/Part Time Available
Veritas Education Recruitment are amongst the fastest growing agencies in the North West and are currently working with numerous Secondary Schools spanning the breadth of Lancashire and Cumbria. ‘Veritas’ is Latin for truth and honesty and this is what shapes our ethos and makes us an attractive option for schools to work with. We offer a high quality service, and charge a fair rate. In addition we also ensure that our candidates receive the highest levels of customer service, at all times. We adopt a fully consultative approach by getting to know the requirements of our candidates in order to match you to the right role.
We are currently working in partnership with a number of Secondary Schools in Barrow-in-Furness who are actively recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work on both day to day , long term and direct contracts.
New Challenge? New Job?
Do you have an interest in Education? Do you want to start your career as a Teaching Assistant?
Are you looking for experience of working in Secondary Schools prior to starting a Teaching qualification?
Or, are you an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge or wanting to sign upto a new agency?
Would you like to join our team working across the Barrow-in-Furness area?
As a Teaching Assistant you would:
* Supporting the teacher in the classroom.
* Prepare learning resources under the supervision of the teacher.
* Encouraging children's confidence, self esteem and independence.
* Helping children understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating.
* Providing feedback and assistance to teachers.
* Supporting children in social activities and on outings.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
* All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
* You must have legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'