Payroll Administrator (part-time)
Long-established accountancy practice looking for a payroll administrator to oversee a busy and thriving payroll bureau within the practice that services the payroll requirements.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Based in our offices in Poole, the role covers all areas of payroll processing including the following:
- Processing monthly, weekly, fortnightly and four weekly payrolls for a number of different clients. This includes starters and leaver information. Submitting the data to HM Revenue and Customs under RTI and providing the completed payroll information to clients.
- Review and checking of deductions for pensions and attachment of earnings.
- Calculation and checking of statutory payments including SSP, SMP and SPP.
- Ensuring compliance with all matters relating to workplace pensions.
- Dealing with communications from workplace pension providers.
- Liaising with clients regularly to deal with day-to-day payroll queries including queries in respect of payments to HMRC.
- Setting up PAYE schemes for new employers
- Setting up pension schemes with NEST
- Submitting year-end data to HMRC and preparing P60s
- Processing BACs telepay information.
- Up to date working knowledge of administering payroll – essential
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word – essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – essential
- Problem solving - essential
- Strong attention to detail - essential
- Experience of working in a similar role in accountancy practice – preferable
- Working knowledge of Iris Payroll Professional software – preferable but not essential as training will be given.
Please send covering letter alongside your CV.