This position would suit someone who is at the earlier stages of their training. Ideally someone who has just started their ACCA training. We may also consider candidates who are studying their AAT qualification.
The Firms focus is on providing personalised, friendly expert advice to owner managed businesses and high net worth individuals. In addition to the day to day accountancy and tax compliance services they have expertise in areas such as helping businesses grow, tax planning, advising on acquisitions and sales and, succession and exit planning.
The position is based in the Milton Keynes office. The duties will include:
- Client management accounting (Xero, Sage and Quickbooks knowledge).
- Book-keeping and accounts production.
- Preparation of accounts, CIS returns and VAT returns for Sole Traders, Company and Partnerships.
- Maintenance of Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers.
- Processing Journals and finalising Accounts.
- Processing Partnership Tax Returns.
- Accurate data entry input and updating.
- Telephone and face to face liaison with clients, including on-site visits.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Part qualified ACA or ACCA or,
- AAT Level 4 or, Qualified by experience.
- Educated to BTEC or A’ Level standard.
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at Grade B (6) or above.
- Accounts experience in a practice environment.
- To liaise and provide clients with bookkeeping and general accounting support.
- IT competent and be familiar with computerised packages including Microsoft Word/Excel.
- The ability to work on own initiative and be flexible.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Full time role - Monday to Friday.
Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.