Korea Foods Company Limited
- Position: Driver
- Location: New Malden, Surrey
- Salary: £20,000+ allowances
- Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Established in 1999, Korea Foods has grown to emerge as the country's leading importer of Korean Foods with a distribution network covering the entire UK.
We pride ourselves on innovation and are constantly seeking new opportunities to grow and expand into emerging markets that bridge eastern and western cultures through cuisine.
We carry Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai and other oriental food products through our wholesale and retail channels. We import directly from suppliers in the Far East including Korea, Japan, Thailand and the USA.
We are now looking to expand our Transport Department with the addition of a ‘Class C Driver’.
Your main duties will include:
- Carrying out Walk around Checks (including Tyres) on taking over any vehicles and on returning vehicle (each 15 minutes);
- Reporting any defects during checks to management through the channels provided.
- Making sure all goods are loaded safely and the correct quantity is loaded onto your vehicle. Checking this against the pick notes;
- Follow scheduled delivery routes, driving safely and responsibly;
- Following listed delivery instructions on the invoice. Any doubt about this matter, please contact department managers/supervisors for clarification.
- Ensure that you have the correct invoice for assigned deliveries and all paperwork is completed as required, all payments are collected as requested and entered the COD sheet;
- Keeping the customer and Transport Manager up to date by phoning ahead if you’re running late or encounter any problems;
- Providing outstanding customer service and being friendly and helpful at the time of delivering to customers.
- Collecting COD payments as requested, ensuring correct quantities are collected and returned to the business within time frames stated.
- Heavy lifting is required by our delivery drivers in order to fulfil our customers grocery deliveries;
- Recording all daily hours worked and relevant delivery details required, as listed on driver run sheets.
- Keeping goods vehicles clean and presentable;
- Working in the warehouse as required, picking products and fulfilling orders.
Drivers may be required to conduct long distance and international journey’s including multiple overnight stays as part of their job; this will include limited weekend work which will be arranged prior with management. Additional allowances will be paid for this type of work.
Please see the full Job Description for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
- Relevant licences and documentation to fulfil the role;
- Excellent communication skills for a demanding & customer focused working environment;
- Excellent personal organisation and business administration skills;
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales whilst maintaining attention to quality & detail;
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Ability to work within a team is essential.
The role of Driver comes with the following benefits;
- You will receive a salary of £20,000+ annually, with regular salary reviews;
- Allowances for long distance journeys and overnight stays;
- Discretionary bonuses for length of service and performance;
- Enrolment to the Company Pension Scheme, with contributions of 8% annually;
- You will have 20 days of paid annual holiday, with one paid day off on your birthday;
- Free onsite parking;
- Employee discounts of 5% in all our stores.
Applications must be received by 5:00pm, 31st May 2019.
Interviews are ongoing.