SEN Teaching Assistant– Wigan FULL TIME
* Location: Wigan
* Terms: Full time
Charlotte Boylan at CER Education is pleased to be recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant who will be based in a school in Wigan.
The school are looking for a candidate to perform the role of a Teaching Assistant, who can bring experience working with children and young people who have multiple, profound additional needs and learning difficulties.
They are looking to assign a Teaching Assistant with a high level of knowledge and understanding about the needs of pupils that have profound and multiple learning disabilities. The ideal Teaching Assistant can contribute highly and effectively to pupil's learning and progress, offering as much support as needed.
* Experience working with children with SEND such as Global Delay, Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome and Autism and/or Social and emotional, behavioural difficulties.
* School based work experience
The school are looking for:
* Previous experience working with children and young people with additional needs and learning difficulties
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively with children
* Ability to understand and contribute to educational programmes
* Ability to deal with pupil's physical and emotional needs as well as provide individual support as appropriate
* Clean and valid Child workforce DBS (on update service is desirable)
The school can offer:
* Small class sizes between 8-10 students
* Excellent on-site facilities to aid with learning
* Classroom support
* Rewarding experiences
To apply for this position, you will need to submit your CV for consideration or alternatively please contact me directly at
CER SEND are incredibly passionate about working with the best SEND candidates, which is why we invest in CPD training and Teach Teach to enhance your professional and personal development.