IT Programme Manager – NHS
IT Programme Manager – NHS
Birmingham – B7
Paying £21.13 per hour – Band 7
Stating ASAP – 10 weeks initially
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 5.00pm
As IT Programme Manager, you will be working on a number of projects within the infrastructure Programme and Telecom Teams, leading and managing a complex project to ensure that the business benefits are realised, this includes:
• planning the project and it’s component parts;
• managing inter-dependencies between different project strands;
• managing the project team and identifying and managing risks;
• ensuring the project stays on track and delivers on time;
• facilitating delivery of the project, building, sustaining and facilitating relationships with project stakeholders and managing communications regarding the project;
You will be:
• Supporting the overall programme of work to achieve the successful implementation of both short and long term IT projects
• Taking responsibility for ensuring that all projects are run to PRINCE2 standards and that an auditable trail exists throughout the life of the project
• Negotiating with clinical and management colleagues a practical plan regarding project deliverables to achieve the strategy
• Monitoring the progress of each work-stream against the agreed project plan, and intervene at any point where there is a risk of delay, resource overuse or unacceptable quality.
• Negotiating with, liaise with, co-ordinate and monitor the activities of suppliers as appropriate to ensure all projects are implemented in a timely manner
• Assess risk for key tasks in each work-stream and estimate, in negotiation with managers, the likelihood and impact of the risk.
• Responsible for Project Budget and Project Change Control and Business Contingency planning for all projects.
• Leading the development of Project Brief and Project Initiation Documentation (PID).
• Producing and presenting structured project reporting in accordance with PRINCE2.
• Working with Change Managers to analyse the business processes employed within clinical, administrative and management services across all project areas.
• Communicate (in a non-technical manner) project information to senior managers, clinical and administrative staff throughout the organisation.
You will be:
• Experienced in IT Project management with responsibility for overall project delivery and budget
• Qualified as a PRINCE2 Practioner
• Ideally from a IT Health sector, ideally within a community setting
• Experienced in business change project management
• Able to chair meetings and present to large and diverse groups of people and able to diplomatically handle assertive stakeholders to gain and retain their confidence
Plum Personnel Ltd will pay the associated costs for your Occupational Screening and the Mandatory Training (essential) – this will be at a reduced fee of £30 which will be deducted from your pay over the first 3-weeks or on completion of your assignment (whichever comes first).
PLEASE NOTE - ALL CANDIDATES MUST ATTEND OUR OFFICES FOR A FULL INTERVIEW AND PROVIDE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK DOCUMENTS AS WELL AS PROVIDE 3 YEARS OF REFERENCING AND UP TO 10-YEARS OF WORK HISTORY (INCLUDING ANY GAPS)
Plum Personnel is a recruitment consultancy providing recruitment and employment services for job seekers and employers in Solihull, Birmingham, Coventry and Warwickshire.
We are totally committed to customer service and the principles of equality and diversity in recruitment and employment.
Our recruitment process is always based on your relevant skills, potential and achievements for the job advertised. Your application will be carefully considered in line with the skills, experience and knowledge required for this role and other similar jobs that may be of interest.
We will contact you within 48-hours of your job application if you are selected.
If you do not hear from us within this timeframe it means your application for this job has not been successful on this occasion.
We cannot retain your details in line with GDPR so do please respond to future roles of interest. If you have previously registered with Plum Personnel for permanent or temporary recruitment and employment opportunities and are interested in this job role do please contact us directly (phone number removed) or (url removed)