Personal Assistant - Local Authority - Temp
A Local Authority in Hertfordshire is seeking an experienced PA to assist the Corporate Director for three/four months initially with an opportunity to go to a permanent role for the right candidate.
The tasks expected of the Personal Assistant include:
* Organising meetings on behalf of the Director, ensuring agenda papers and background information are distributed in advance and followed up as required
* Answering and screening calls on behalf of the Director
* Minute-taking in meetings
* Drafting, sending and responding to e‑mails
* Arranging and organising diary appointments, and monitoring the progress of responses and actions arising
* Assisting visitors, arranging appointments, collating all necessary papers required by the Director
* Drafting, producing and collating documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar Team Assistant/Personal Assistant capacity
* Experience in working with senior management/ stakeholders
* Able to effectively liaise with Councillors and staff at all levels in writing, by telephone, and face to face.
* Able to produce well laid out and accurate documents, ideally with a typing speed of at least 60 wpm
* Experienced and happy to take quick and accurate minutes for meetings
* Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
* Numerate and able to work accurately with figures and statistics
* Able to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard
* A quick learner with proactivity to work alone and as part of the wider team
* Able to prioritise, work under pressure and take on additional workload when needed
* Flexibility and 'can do' attitude with tasks undertaken
If you have the above skills and are interested in taking on this role, please apply below to be considered.