Evans Jones Associates are delighted to be working alongside our client based in Leyland
About our client
Our client is the market leading chilled and ambient food and drink warehousing, distribution and transport specialist based in the UK and Ireland.
Our client is proud to be working with some of the biggest brands in Europe.
A modern fleet all under three years old.
About the HGV Class 1 driver role: Nights
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this fantastic operation. We are keen to secure day and night drivers.
We are looking for first-class drivers that have a high level of driving competence and drive safely and with respect for the environment and the public.
HGV Class 1 Driver Responsibilities:
- Ensure all aspects safety and customer site rules are adhered to.
- Responsible for the security of any products carried whilst in transit.
- To drive defensively and fuel efficiently at all times.
- Ensuring all delivery and collection notes and paperwork are correct.
- Provide accurate paperwork relevant to debriefing of allocated jobs.
- Ensuring all transport legislation including driver’s hours and vehicle defect reporting is adhered to.
- Provide an exceptional standard of service to our customers.
- To carry out any other reasonable request as detailed by the Transport Management Team.
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and wear Uniform and any PPE provided
HGV Class 1 Driver Benefits:
- Modern Fleet
- Fixed rotas
- Various shift patterns available
- Company contributory scheme
- Limited and PAYE Drivers Welcome
- Bonus scheme
- Helpful and respectable transport planners on hand to support
HGV Class 1 Driver Requirements:
- A current and valid LGV Licence
- At least 6 months of experience driving on UK roads
- Drivers CPC card essential
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers’ hours regulations and tachograph
- The ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and organisational skills
£135 - £155 per shift