Job Title: ICT Applications Support and Development Team Leader
Salary: £40,356 - £45,140 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 2nd June 2019
The Council’s ICT Service has embarked on an exciting major refresh of its technology. As well as migrating systems to Microsoft’s Azure Cloud, they are introducing new mobile working capabilities utilising Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365 across the organisation.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, customer focused team leader who will contribute the Council’s aspiration to deliver Digital by Design.
This Team Leader role will be instrumental in sustaining the existing service provision whilst also introducing support and development services for the digital age.
* Manage a significant number of specialist, multi-disciplined employees in accordance with good management practice and prevailing human resource policies and procedures
* Establish and maintain a resource planning, costing and recharging process to recover costs against change activities
* Produce estimates and costings for inclusion in business case options appraisals
* Lead the support and maintenance of internally developed applications, interfaces and reporting tools, proactively ensuring that the services meet the agreed service levels
* Lead activities to ensure that third party IT applications are specified, delivered and implemented effectively to support and maintenance services to best practice
* Manage medium projects to agreed specification, quality, timescale and budget
* Educated to degree level with or equivalent demonstrable experience managing multiple ICT Support & Development projects corporate wide
* Have attained or possess equivalent professional experience in SSADM/ MSP(Managing Successful Projects), Prince2 practitioner/Scrum and ITIL foundation certificate standard
* Advanced and in-depth strategic, practical and procedural knowledge of ICT technology, preferably within a local government context
* Strong advocacy, oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate to convince others
* A wide knowledge and understanding across all of the ICT functions
* Strong systems and technical knowledge across multiple business areas
* A strategic and creative thinker with the ability to lead and manage complex and contentious technology change programmes
* Able to analyse and interpret complex customer requirements, evaluate options and varied information and present a sound business case
* Able to work in a structured way with skills in time management, capacity and resource planning
* Able to work with dexterity and at speed with a high degree of precision when creating data fix scripts, configuring interfaces and associated software
What they can offer:
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.