R. Plevin & Sons is a UK market leader in wood recycling and a manufacturer of animal bedding.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Driver Trainer to join our team to undertake all aspects of HGV driver training. The role is based at Crow Edge S36 4HG, with regular travel to Mossley (OL5 9NG) and Elkesley (DN22 8BT). You will work on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary.
The Driver Trainer is a varied role, supporting the Transport Team and will suit someone who is able to plan and organise their own workloads effectively.
The Plevin fleet of vehicles includes skip wagons (roll on, roll off), artic and shunter vehicles, with different types of specialist trailers used specific for customer requirements.
The main duties of the Driver Trainer role are:
- Carrying out HGV driving assessments
- Developing and delivering driver training, including new starter inductions
- Carrying out health & safety training
- Overseeing the driver CPC programme and co-ordinating training needs
- Providing coaching and training to improve driver fuel efficiency and driver behaviour scores
- Other duties to support the Transport Team
Our ideal Driver Trainer:
- Candidates must be either a LGV Assessor or have a qualification as a trainer (e.g PTLLS or equivalent)
- An approved Driving Instructor/ Examiner qualification is desirable.
- Candidates must have experience of writing and delivering training courses.
- Ideally you’ll have a flexible approach to work
- A good understanding of transport legislations
- Excellent presentation skills.
This is a role that will suit an enthusiastic person who really wants to make a difference.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Driver Trainer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Plevin is committed to equal opportunities and aims to be an equal opportunity employer.