Do you have experience as a Town Clerk?
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge with a Town Council?
Then this could be the opportunity for you. My client is looking for a Town Clerk to join their Town Council team.
The Town Clerk to the Chipping Norton Town Council will be the Proper Officer of the Council and as such is under a statutory duty to carry out all the functions, and in particular to serve or issue all the notifications required by law of a local authority's Proper Officer. The Clerk will be totally responsible for ensuring that the instructions of the Council in connection with its function as a Local Authority are carried out. The Clerk is expected to advise the Council on, and assist in the formation of, overall policies to be followed in respect of the Authority's activities and in particular to produce all the information required for making effective decisions and to implement constructively all decisions.
The person appointed will be accountable to the Council for the effective management of all its resources and will report to them as and when required. The Clerk will be the Responsible Financial Officer and responsible for all financial records of the Council and the careful administration of its finances. The Clerk attends all meetings of the Council, takes notes of the meetings and produces the minutes of the meetings. Jobs are to be actioned arising from the meetings.
Essential Qualities & Experience of the Town Clerk:
- Live within a commutable distance of Chipping Norton
- Have a high level of numeracy and literacy.
- Completion or willingness to work towards the Certificate in Local Council Administration.
- A working knowledge and understanding of local government structure and practices.
- Competent in book keeping and meetings administration.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Willingness to work evenings when Council or Committees meet.
- Willingness to undertake training.
- Must hold a current driving licence.
- If this sounds like you and you are looking for an exciting new challenge then click the apply button below where you will be asked to complete a short questionnaire and to attach your most recent CV.
Title: Town Clerk
Location: Chipping Norton
Salary: £27,905 - £31,371 per annum
Full time or Part time: full
Contract type: permanent
Closing date: 05/06/2019