Warehouse/ Auction Assistant
A well-established, prestigious company in the heart of Guildford are looking for a Warehouse/Auction Assistant to join their team as a new key member of staff. We would love to hear from you if you have a good sense of humour as well as a diplomatic character and enjoy working as part of a close-knit team. Holding a forklift licence would also be a distinct advantage.
The Warehouse/Auction Assistant will have the following responsibilities;
* Unloading pallets and organising items onto shelves.
* Upload details onto excel spreadsheet before they are downloaded onto auction software.
* Photographing items.
* Helping customers on sale day with collecting their items.
* Assisting Auctioneers on auction day with on-line bidding platform. (training will be provided)
* Working at off-site sales when appropriate
The successful candidate for the Warehouse/Auction Assistant role should have the following experience/skills;
* This position will be of interest to an individual who wish to pursue a career in an auction house.
* Possess accurate keyboard skills.
* The ability to work well within a close-knit team of professionals.
* The individual should ideally be a local.
* A good sense of humour is essential as well as an assertive but diplomatic character.
* Often will be dealing with members of the public and a strong resilient personality will also be an attribute.
* Working under pressure, balancing conflicting priorities and being well organised are also desirable traits.
* Candidate should have some understanding and experience of excel but training will be given.
Benefits and working hours;
* 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays.
* Bonus linked to profitability.
* Life Assurance and Permanent Disability Assurance.
* Lunch provided on auction days.
* Monday (Auction Day) – 7.30am to auction finish (around 6-7pm)
* Tuesday to Friday – 7.30am to 4.00pm
* Overtime is paid on Wednesdays and Thursdays if worked passed 4.00pm
* Salary £17,000 - £18,500 pa