Construction Supervisor - HV Installation and Interface Management
Reporting to the OnSS Construction Manager, the Consultant will be responsible for facilitation and overseeing the installation of HV equipment within the Onshore HV Substation environment.
The Consultant will liaise directly with multiple contractors and interface their operations with the principal Contractor to ensure that works are adequately planned and implemented. The Consultant will need to be able to communicate face to face with multiple stakeholders and ensure that all parties are aligned.
The Consultant has experience of working in similar construction environments with the focus on lifting operations, Temporary Works Designed Scaffolds and Interface Management.
The Consultant is expected to have experience of the movement and installation of abnormal loads as well as being an CSCS blue card Appointed Person for lifting operations and experienced with scaffold installation.
The Consultant will not be responsible for signing off any Temporary Works or Scaffold designs but are expected to have sufficient knowledge to review and comment on submissions. Some knowledge of HV cable installation is preferable but not essential.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Reviewing and commenting on RAMS, lift plans, TW and scaffold designs
• Attending contractor pre-start meetings and daily ROC drills to assist with planning deliveries, lifting operations and site movements
• Be Orsted first point of contact for the OnSS Construction team for all HV installation activities
• Monitoring the safety of HV Installation operations on site, supporting the lead site HSE Manager
• Reporting any damage or quality issues noticed during delivery or installation.
• Provide feedback and status updates to the site planner.
• Minimum 3 years professional experience. Experience within the Offshore Wind Farm Industry is preferable.
• BSc or Technician with project relevant education and experience.
• Recommended 3-5 years of relevant work experience with relevant construction/commissioning work and quality disciplines.
• Technically strong, adaptable, works well in teams, strong communication abilities, good English skills both writing and verbal.
Certificate of skill incl. validity of certificate shall be forwarded upon request.