Education Welfare Officer
To be responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive and effective education welfare service to children out of school, parents and teachers and wider partnership so that children may obtain the maximum benefit from the educational opportunities provided. Main duties and responsibilities
• To act as lead officer for specific areas of work relating to attendance issues ensuring the Council meets all statutory duties in relation to attendance and support for vulnerable pupils.
• To be responsible for arranging and facilitating meetings with parents, pupil’s, schools and other agencies, ensure that the Council is represented to a high standard and operates within the legislative framework.
• To contribute to the gathering of evidence for legal proceedings associated with attendance and behaviour, supervision orders, parenting orders and other relevant legislation.
• To prepare and present evidence to the Magistrates Court and Family Proceedings Court, as instructed by the Education Welfare and Enforcement Manager.
• To undertake register checks in line with legislation and guidance and provide written reports for headteacher, governors and senior officers.
• To keep robust records and case notes on all work completed with schools or pupils and parents that require intervention.
To be shortlisted to interview your CV will clearly evidence:
*That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification.
*A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
*An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
*Previous managerial experience in an Assessment Team.
Why Choose us?
* Daily Payroll
* Have access to jobs with over 100 clients nationwide
* 1st Tier Agency
* Your own consultant
* Find your own job BONUS upto £1000
* Refer a friend BONUS
* Free DBS Service
Call us on (phone number removed)
Or send us an email too
Alternatively apply quicker and easier, directly on our Resilience Personnel website! (url removed)